Here’s part of the pastebin detailing the process that Reckz0r wrote:
I have been away for a while, so my question to you is; did you miss me? I am aware that ya’ll were all thirsty for a cup of a fine Reckz0r release, so here I am…with a fine fuckin‘ glass of a RECKZ0R release, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (did that sound sarcastic?)
Before I get off started ridiculing Sony, I’d like to pay homage to Sir George Hotz, who looked into the eyes of Sony and made them ejaculate as they bowed down in fear. Very artistic of you, Geohotz.
Now that, George Hotz has resigned from engaging in all types of sexual activities with an computer, and as all fans of PlayStation are crying for the comeback of GeoHotz..I’d let you all know, you don’t need that lil fuckin‘ faggot. You really don’t.
Well, alright….LET’S GET STARTED ALREADY!
As you all know, PS4 runs Orbis OS, that is highly based on FreeBSD (which is a opensource operating system), and as the PS4 is closely identical to a PC, I guess you all knew that PS4 and the Xbox One will probably end up getting pwned soon, and now..its time.
NOTE: I did not find this vulnerability within PS4, nor did I write the exploit, while I was browsing thru an Brazilian console-hacking forum known as condinh0 (I am sure you all know this if you hang out at TOR). A person named x-s4nd3r released the devkit of PS4, as well as the exploit within 5 days of PS4 release. Although most of you don’t know how to apply that jailbreak on the PS4, I am making this tutorial to sort this shit out for you.
Console: PlayStation 4
Type: Privilege Escalation/Buffer Overflow (allows to run assigned code)
Created on: 25 November 2013
URL: http://twitter.com/xs4nd3r (feel free to get him v&)
***IMPORTANT***** – You need the DAY ONE Update to jailbreak the PS4, otherwise these files will be considered unrecognizable.- Werbung -
- Create a folder on your USB storage device. This is where you’ll put the exploit.
- Create a „SANDERPS4“ folder. Inside that folder, create another folder named „EXP.“
- Extract the PSORBISEXP.PUP file from the package, and save it in the EXP folder.
- Make sure your PlayStation 4 is turned off.
- Connect the USB storage device to your PlayStation 4, and press the power button for at least 7 seconds. The PlayStation 4 will start in Safe Mode.
- Select „Update System Software.“
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the jailbreak.
- If your PlayStation 4 doesn’t recognize the jailbreaking file, make sure that the folder and file names are correct.
- Voila! JAILBROKEN!
You now have the ability to run unassigned/assigned code and pirated games on your PS4, but do NOT go online, if you do go online, your console will be immediately banned.
Have fun piratin‘
Official Source: http://pastebin.com/QDeRQiMY