Grand Theft Auto Online launches to widespread issues. Rockstar says is working to fix things…
WARNING! GTA Online may corrupt players’ save file if connection problems arise, according to a growing number of reports on social media…
Grand Theft Auto Online, the MMO component of Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto 5, launched today, and as expected, it has faced teething problems due to significant demand, with many players struggling to connect and take part in the game.
Well, in addition to those issues, a “small” -but growing- percentage of users are claiming that they also end up with corrupt or damaged save files that affect their story mode progress.
As reported by CVG:
Game journalist Chris Schilling commented on Twitter: “So GTA Online isn’t working for me and it’s corrupted my single player save. Excellent.”
For now, Rockstar has acknowledged some of the problems surrounding GTA Online’s launch, and confirmed that it’s working to resolve them:
Question: I’m having problems getting into GTA Online! Is there a list of issues Rockstar is looking into, so I can stay informed about the status of fixes for known launch issues?
Answer: We will be updating this page as often as possible with the status of issues we are aware of and looking into. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification whenever major updates are posted, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.
- Occasional “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Intermittent “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this.