Get ready to bring the thunder in Apex Legends Season 2 – Battle Charge. Meet an electrifying new Legend, snag a fresh Battle Pass, and much more when the new season starts on July 2 on Xbox One. Until then, you can sink your teeth into the Legendary Hunt to score limited-time skins, double XP, and entry into an Apex Elite Queue.
Natalie “Wattson” Paquette is a familiar face in the Apex Games, though for a different reason than most. Daughter of the Games’ lead electrical engineer, she devoured every book she could on the subject, and grew into a skilled engineer. Eventually, she was commissioned to build the Apex Games’ Modified Containment Ring. Unfortunately, her father died the day it was revealed, leaving her alone. At her lowest moment, a group of competitors invited her to return to the arena with them, assuring her she would always have a home.
She now fights alongside her friends in the arena she helped build, destroying incoming missiles, recharging shields, creating fences, and using her pylon to silence fights that get too loud. Nobody knows the arena better than Wattson.
Melt the Competition with the L-STAR
Eyes on the skies, Legends – it’s time to catch a shooting STAR. The L-STAR energy machine gun – a fan-favorite from Titanfall 2 – is joining the Apex Legends arsenal. This powerful energy weapon hits hard with heftier projectiles than any other machine gun. Sustained fire causes it to overheat, but if you time your shots right, you’ll take your enemies down before it even starts to heat up.
Climb to the Top in Ranked Mode
Put your skills to the test and fight your way through six different competitive tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and Apex Predator). Earn exclusive rewards at the end of each season based on where you place.
Grab an Improved Battle Pass
With Season 2 comes an even bigger and better Battle Pass, with upgrades based on feedback from our fans. Here are just some of the changes you can expect to see when the Battle Pass launches in July:
- Daily and Weekly Challenges
- A reduction in time to Battle Pass level 100
- Three additional Legendary skins added to the rewards track
- Three entirely new content categories replacing badge and stat tracker rewards
- Enough Crafting Metal rewards from the full reward track to craft a Legendary item, or whatever your heart desires.
Get Ready for More
All of that is just some of what’s coming to Apex Legends in Season 2, so keep an eye out for more as we get closer to launch. After all, you didn’t think King’s Canyon would look the same forever, did you?
Sink Your Teeth into the Legendary Hunt
Season 2 is on its way, but for now you can see out Season 1 with the Legendary Hunt event, live through June 18. Prove you’re the ultimate predator in a new Elite queue, grab limited-time rewards, score double XP, and more.
- Apex Elite Queue – Make it to the Top 5 in any match and earn your way into a select queue full of Top 5 winners.
- Legendary Hunt Challenge Rewards – Complete special in-game challenges to score free Legendary Hunt loot.
- Battle Pass Bonus XP – Earn an entire Battle Pass level when you finish in the Top 5 in any match (once per day).
- Double XP Weekend – Until Monday, June 10 at 10:00 a.m. PT, score double level XP and Battle Pass XP all weekend long! Does not include the Battle Pass level earned from finishing in the Top 5 each day.
- Legendary Hunt Store Skins – New Legendary Hunt items will rotate into the shop every three to four days.
Play Apex Legends for free now on Xbox One and we’ll see you in the arena!