History’s fiercest warriors have arrived in gaming’s most epic series, as fans can embark on a legendary Viking saga in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Available now for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla allows players to set sail on a quest for Viking glory in England’s Dark Ages.
In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, players will inhabit the fur-lined boots of Eivor, a legendary Viking raider, driven from Norway by endless wars and dwindling resources in ninth century AD. Players can relive the ruthless fighting style of Viking warriors with a revamped dual-wielding combat system and experience new gameplay features, including raids, settlement-building and the ability to customize hair, tattoos and more. Political alliances, combat decisions and dialogue choices can influence the world of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, so players must choose wisely to protect their clan’s home and their future.
Players can also embark on more adventures with the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass. Included in the Gold Edition, Ultimate Edition, and Collector’s Editions, or available for purchase separately for $39.99, the season pass includes:
• The Legend of Beowulf quest – Players will uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf, available on launch day.
• Expansion 1 – Wrath of the Druids (Spring 2021) – In this new adventure, players will journey to Ireland and unravel the secrets of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.
• Expansion 2 – The Siege of Paris (Summer 2021) – In The Siege of Paris, players will have the chance to relive the most ambitious battle in Viking history with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future.
In addition, all players will have access to an extensive lineup of free seasonal content, including new narrative content and in-game events available after launch. Each season will last three months and will come with exciting content, accessible to all player types and levels of progression, focusing on gameplay and world evolution. Season 1 will launch in December and includes:
• A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
• The Yule Festival, a traditional Viking festival for players to experience in their settlement.
• River Raids, a new game mode building on the game’s core raiding mechanic to deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
• The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking where players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature, which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up. The higher the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
• Season 1 will also come with new player skills, abilities, weapons and gear, along with new cosmetic items for their settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is optimized for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. Thanks to the Xbox Velocity Architecture and DirectStorage API on Xbox Series X|S, players will have faster loading speeds for more play time, and a smoother and more powerful experience in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second on Xbox Series X.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla also leverages Smart Delivery – buy the game once and play it on either Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S when both the console and that version of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla become available.
Planet Coaster: Console Edition, Out Now on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
Going Beyond – Destiny 2: Beyond Light is Available Now with Xbox Game Pass
Gears 5 Relaunches on Xbox Series X|S and Drops Bombs with WWE’s Batista as Marcus