Our mission at Xbox is to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet. We are committed to achieving this vision by delivering great games and services and enabling more people to play than ever before. That’s why we created Xbox Game Pass and continue expanding Cloud Gaming to new devices – so that we can open up the ways people can play across the devices they already own: PC, console, mobile, tablet devices, and now Smart TVs.
Last June, we shared our vision for bringing Xbox to more gamers by working with global TV manufacturers to embed the Xbox experience into Smart TVs. Today, the Xbox team provided an update on our approach and vision, which included how we’re making last year’s vision a reality by bringing the Xbox app to Smart TVs, starting with our partner Samsung, the global leader in TVs.
Together, Samsung and Xbox partnered to bring Xbox Game Pass to the millions of Samsung Galaxy phones around the world, and now we are partnering again to bring our Xbox gaming experience to their 2022 Smart TVs. I’m excited for you to experience cloud gaming on Smart TVs on June 30 in 27 countries.
Xbox app now on Smart TVs
Playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung Smart TVs gives Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members easy and instant access to over 100 high-quality games, including Xbox Game Studios titles on the same day they release. And as we recently announced, you can also play Fortnite without a membership through cloud gaming.
The Xbox app on Smart TVs presents new opportunities to play:
- If you are getting a new Samsung 2022 Smart TV, you will now have more ways to play games in your house.
- If you’re new to gaming, this is an easy way to get into the fun without needing to buy a PC or console and also to join a thriving community of over 25 million Game Pass members worldwide.
We are bringing the Xbox App to Samsung Smart TVs first, and our intent is to explore other TV partnerships as part of this next evolution in our vision.
How it works
Playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung TVs will be a seamless experience, similar to using other streaming apps on your TV. Simply launch the app, connect your favorite controller, and start playing. Here’s the step by step:
- Access the Xbox app from the Samsung Gaming Hub and log into your existing Microsoft account. If you’re a Game Pass Ultimate member, you’ll have access to hundreds of cloud-enabled games or you can check out Fortnite without a membership.
- If you are new to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, join or upgrade today for just $1, or you can sign up directly in the app.
- Connect your favorite Bluetooth-enabled controller like the Xbox Wireless Controller, Xbox Adaptive Controller, Elite Series 2 Controller, or the DualSense controller. Start playing over 100 high quality games, from the cloud including A Plague Tale: Innocence, Hades and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction.
We’re super excited by what this next step means for all you gamers out there. With this rollout, we’re making it easier than ever to play games on the devices you already own. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and a controller, you can easily jump into the world of gaming and connect with your friends and communities on Xbox.
For more details on today’s update from Xbox leadership, read here.
Xbox Cloud Gaming Now Available in Argentina and New Zealand
First Details on Battlefield 2042 – Season 1: Zero Hour, Launching June 9
Check out May EA Play Member Rewards for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Members