Starting at 2:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha and Preview Beta Rings will begin receiving the latest 1904 Xbox One system update (19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_1904\18349.2000.190305-1930). Read on for more about the new features, fixes and known issues in the latest 1904 system update.
OS version released: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_1904\18352.2001.190305-1930
Available: 2:00PM PST 3/7/19
Mandatory Date/Time: 3:00 AM PST 3/8/19
A complete feature list for 1904 is published here https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/02/21/new-features-rolling-out-to-xbox-insiders-this-spring/
- We are no longer seeing issues (no HDR) when playing discs that support playing HDR10 & Dolby Vision disc with “Enable Dolby Vision” turned on in settings.
- We have resolved the issue in Navigating Back to Home Twist Using Focus on Twist Names Doesn’t Reset Vertical Scroll Properly.
My Games and Apps
- We have resolved the issue in which some users with Fortnite could not install the Game update (Season 8).
- We have fixed the issue in which bumpers Don’t Work When Focus changes when navigating my Games and Apps and the shell.
- We have resolved an issue in which some users cannot join party chat.
- Shell UI fixes to address Dropdown drop shadows in High contrast/light theme are not consistent across the shell.
- Various localization fixes.
- We are aware of issues of No Audio heard from Non-Spatial Audio games when using Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with the LG SJ9 soundbar.
- We are tracking the issue in which users with Dolby Atmos setups may have no sound or low sound (with snap, crackle and pop!) when coming out of Instant On. Workaround : Reboot your Audio Video Receiver (AVR) to reenable the audio stream correctly as one option. Also try changing your console Audio settings back to Dolby Digital to restore sound then reboot your AVR to confirm sounds then change the console back to Dolby Atmos in Audio settings.
- We are tracking an issue that this title is crashing on launch.
EA Access App
- We are tracking the following two issues with the EA Access app and the 1904 recovery:
- Users are unable to purchase an EA Access subscription from inside the EA Access app. When you select the icon to renew nothing happens. Workaround: Purchase the renewal from www.xbox.com or from the Microsoft Store app.
- Users are unable to get a game trial from inside the EA Access App. When you select the Game trial icon nothing happens. Workaround : Search for the trial in the Microsoft Store and install the trail from the game Product Display Page (PDP).
Game Pass Mobile App
- Issue/Impact – After pushing a remote installation of a game from the
- Game Pass mobile app, customers will not see progress of the installation on in the mobile app and may not receive install notifications. The game will still successfully install if there is sufficient available space on the console.
- Affected audience – must be in 1904 preview, must be a GP subscriber, must be using the GP mobile app, must be pushing game installations from the app.
- Workarounds – None. A fix is coming in the next version of the mobile app in March. Customers interested in getting early access to the fix can download the Game Pass Beta app.
- New Groups or existing groups will not show up in the Guide until you’ve visited My Games & Apps once after updating the console.
- We are aware that the clock/time is missing from home and the dashboard.
- We are tracking that notifications are not displaying on the console (such as achievement toasts).
- Sometimes users may encounter an issue when playing 4K content that the streaming will fail with the Plex App.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- On Screen Keyboard in Hebrew – We are aware that the onscreen keyboard in Hebrew the period or semi-colon no longer works. Workaround: A physical usb keyboard works.
- On Screen Keyboard covers group chat window – We are aware that the onscreen keyboard in group chat covers that text entry window. Workaround: Touch typing is a skill.