Starting at 6 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Update Alpha ring will begin receiving the latest Xbox One system update (1804.180301-1900). Read on to learn more about fixes and known issues in the latest system update.
- We have fixed this issue when resuming from connected standby (with the console in Instant-On mode) and you encountered a black screen.
- Users will no longer an E200 error at the last stage of the installation or when shutting down some games.
- This build installation will take a bit longer than usual, as it will require the full update size of 3.5 GB. This update does not factory reset the console it is a large payload. Download times are dependent on your Internet speeds and can likely be improved by using a wired network connection.
- If Microsoft Edge was pinned prior to downloading the 1804 update, attempting to launch Microsoft Edge from the existing pin will fail.
- Workaround: Delete the old Microsoft Edge pin and re-pin Microsoft Edge.
- If Netflix crashes when first launched, check for an app update on the Store or from My games & apps. You may need to uninstall Netflix – perform a Hard reboot – aka pull power for 10 seconds and locate Netflix from the Store.
- When accessing the Language & location page in Settings, it may take a long time for the page to load.
- When browsing Add-Ons in the Store, the Show All page may appear blank
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Microsoft Edge may sometimes fail to show the cursor. Workaround is shutdown Microsoft Edge and relaunch.
- We are aware that some Spatial Audio users will experience unexpected game volumes and are working on a fix.
- We are aware that the Mono output feature is not working as expected in latest builds. The team has identified a fix and is testing. Please turn off the feature if you are using an audio receiver with less than 7.1 audio channels.
- We have identified an issue with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater and certain AVR models that will result in random sound cut outs. If a sound cut out ever occurs you can change your audio format settings to something else and then back to reset it.
- In the Now TV app some UI elements are disappearing during playback.
Settings – Accessory app
- Some users may experience a problem not being able to assign controller configurations in the Xbox Accessory app.
Wi-Fi Lag Issues
- We are aware of an issue in which your Wi-Fi connection may lag for 3-4 seconds and reoccur after 30 minutes. Workaround: The only known workaround at this point is to use wired networking