Bethesda and Mojang are teaming up to bring a official content pack inspired by The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition.
The pack is currently in development by 4J Studios and will arrive „soon“. There’s no word yet if this pack is also coming to the PC version of the game.
Here’s the official announcement:
Developed by our friends at 4J Studios, the mash-up features an exclusive Skyrim-themed texture set, 40 character skins, themed menus and user interface, craftable items, and more than 20 iconic selections from the original Skyrim soundtrack. On top of these features, the pre-set world recreates memorable areas including Whiterun, Riverwood, and Bleak Falls Barrow.
Skyrim Mash-up – Content Breakdown
• Skyrim themed texture set to apply to any existing or newly created Minecraft world.
• 40 Skyrim characters skins to apply to player’s in-game avatars: Dragonborn (male), Dragonborn (female), Ancano, Elenwen, Argonian Fighter, Argonian Mage, Bosmer Archer, Bosmer Mage, Breton Mage, Forsworn Shaman, Dunmer Mage, Dunmer Assassin, Imperial Soldier, Vex, Khajiit Merchant, Stormcloak Soldier, Lydia, Orc Blacksmith, Orc Warrior female, Nazir, Saadia, Vampire Lord, Isran, Astrid, Aela the Huntress, M’aiq the Liar, Greybeard, Frost Troll, Flame Atronach, Dragon Priest, Hagraven, Draugr Deathlord, Sheogorath, Spriggan, Dwarven Centurion, Wispmother, Dremora Lord, Master Necromancer, Vilkas, Orc Warrior Male
• Skyrim themed Menu, UI and Inventory including integrated Skyrim logo.
• Skyrim music score featuring the following original tracks: Watch the Skies, Dragonborn, Awake, From Past To Present, The City Gates, Dragonsreach, Distant Horizons, Dawn, The Jerall Mountains, Secunda, Frostfall, Unbound, Far Horizons, The Streets of Whiterun, The White River, Standing Stones, Tundra, Journey’s End, Aurora, Solitude, Wind Guide You, Tooth and Claw, Into Darkness, Shadows and Echoes, Towers and Shadows, Death in the Darkness
• Pre-made World recreating the area of Whiterun, Riverwood and Bleak falls Barrow (on a smaller scale in order to fit with technical constraints of the games map size limits)
Is there a Trial available for Mash-up packs? If so, what do they include?
There is and it includes everything so that players can see everything before they buy. However players won’t be able to save the creations they make with the trial version with unless they purchase the pack before they exit. They can also only look and not play with the skins that are part of the pack.
Do Mash-ups affect gameplay?
No, gameplay stays 100% Minecraft, the rest is up to the player’s imagination.
What’s the price point of Mash-ups?
Official Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/1/5055004/official-skyrim-content-pack-coming-to-minecraft-xbox-360-edition