My name is Troy Pruitt and I am the community manager for Crusader Kings III. I’m in charge of the day-to-day communications, handling of social media posting and planning, streaming and video content for Crusader Kings III and I’m here to discuss the newest update for the title, the Ruler Designer.
This Update, labelled 1.2, is mainly about the Ruler Designer feature but has a handful of other intriguing improvements! Ruler Designer is a way to fully immerse yourself in the game by creating a custom character to your specifications to lead your people to greater glory.
One of the most beloved features in Crusader Kings III is the character portrait system. 3D models of all game characters reflect their personality and health in amazing living detail, changing as they acquire new traits and new illnesses.
Fans loved the Ruler Designer in Crusader Kings II, so we have brought that back for Crusader Kings III. Now players can create their rulers before the game starts, enabling them to try out genius scholars, dwarf schemers, and giant romantics – whatever their hearts desire. There is almost no limit on the kind of ruler that can be designed.
- Choose your ruler’s starting realm and then dive into the designer.
- Play as male or female, with any in-game culture, religion or sexual orientation.
- Customize their appearance, including facial appearance and hair style.
- Add traits and fine tune their skills. Make a brilliant strategist or holy administrator.
- Add illnesses or injuries for extra challenge.
- Earn achievements if your character is built within certain limits.
The Ruler Designer update is accompanied by a general game update that adds a few other minor features.
- Kill List that tracks the executions, battle slayings and (known) murders by characters in the game.
- UI Improvements to the Dynasty view.
- Military Improvements allowing you to attach armies to your main force and preventing raising levies in a province beyond its supply limit.
- Siberian Paganism added to the game as a new Faith.
- Ugly characters now have more exaggerated facial features.
- Changes to rules and options. Nudity is now a game setting, not rule. The rule set can now be configured to affect frequency of AI matrilineal marriages.
We hope you’re as inspired as we are to start creating your own unique monarchs. Be sure to share your favorite designs with us on social @CrusaderKings and continue to enjoy Crusader Kings III available now with Xbox Game Pass for PC!
Crusader Kings III
World Update II: USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator Now Available for Free
This Week on Xbox: November 20, 2020
Gears 5 Teams up with WWE for Survivor Series Cross-Over Event Featuring WWE Superstars The New Day