Ever thought about what you’d say to your viewers if you could customize the message your followers see when you start a stream? If not, the time is now: custom Go Live Notifications are here!
You can now personalize the way you announce your stream is live. So, no more generic “[Insert your name] is live…” Instead, your fans will get custom messages like “Sup fam? Come watch my stream!” or whatever you want it to be. This new feature lets you connect with your viewers in a way that’s much more you.
Just keep it clean.
Please note: You can only access this customization feature on desktop web. It will be available in all countries, languages, and web browsers. For more information, check out this help article.
How do I customize my Go Live message?
1. Go to twitch.tv on desktop web and log into your Twitch account.
2. Go to your Profile and click on ‘Dashboard.’
3. Once you’re on your dashboard, click to the ‘Live’ tab.
4. Under the ‘Stream Information’ section, you’ll be able to add custom text for your Go Live Notification.
5. Ensure your custom text is 140 characters or less (in any language).
6. Scroll down and click ‘Update Information’ once you’re done.
7. Then head over to OBS or any other broadcasting software and go live. The custom Go Live notification will then get sent to all of your followers.
Q: Is there moderation for these custom Go Live Notifications?
Yes. Automod is enabled to ensure you follow the terms of service, e.g. no profanity. If your viewers find any of the custom Go Live Notifications offensive, moderation reporting tools will be available for them to report the notification.
Q: What if I want to send a second custom Go Live message?
There is a four-hour cool down period, which means you can only send one Go Live Notification every four hours. In order to send a second custom Go Live Notification, you will have to go offline, update the text in the Go Live section on your dashboard, and then go back online.
Q: Where can my followers see my custom Go Live messages?
Your followers will be able to see your custom Go Live message on-site as well as on iOS and android devices via mobile push. It is not yet available through the desktop app or browser notifications.