The Twitch community radiates such special energy due in part to the unique interactions that occur between creators and viewers; it’s especially magical when a creator receives support in the form of bits or a sub from a new or recurring viewer.
Today, in a partnership with Streamlabs, we’re announcing new tools to help make those special interactions — well, a bit more special.
Streamlabs Face Masks allow viewers to apply animated 3D alerts to a streamer’s face in real time, and their new Twitch Extension offers 27 exclusive AR Face Masks, including popular Twitch emotes, that viewers can apply to a streamer’s face when they purchase a Tier 2 or 3 subscription.
Once a streamer enables Face Masks and installs the Face Masks Twitch Extension, a viewer can apply an exclusive Twitch Face Mask using a variety of methods:
- Become a Tier 2 or Tier 3 subscriber: Tier 2 and Tier 3 subscribers will unlock up to 24 Face Masks (12 for each tier). Viewers can apply a Face Mask when they first subscribe, resubscribe, or use Bits.
- Use Bits: Two masks are available to all users when cheering with Bits (regardless of their subscription status) and one mask will be available free for everyone.
What Makes this So Exciting?
For viewers: Face Masks offer a new way to engage, support, and interact with your favorite streamers.
For creators: Face Masks provide new value and more rewards for incentivizing upper-tier subscriptions.
To opt-in, you must:
1) Enable Face Masks in the Streamlabs OBS dashboard
2) Install, configure, and activate the Twitch Face Mask Extension
3) In Streamlabs OBS, click on the Face Mask Settings Icon and enable Subscriber Masks
We’re really excited for you to get started!
**Note: The Face Masks Beta program is only available to Twitch Partner or Affiliate streamers using Streamlabs OBS.
If you’re a developer and want to learn more about monetizing Twitch Extensions, click here.