Hey Alpha Skip-Ahead ring users! Today’s Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19041.1410.200116-0000). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19041.1410.200116-0000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – January 17, 2020
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – January 18, 2020
Fixes for Alpha Skip-Ahead
We’ve heard your feedback, and we’re happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this 2004 build:
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
Known Issues for Alpha Skip Ahead
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These issues aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!
- We’re aware of an issue where users who enable Dolby Atmos formats (Home theater or headphones) on their console may experience Netflix playback errors with Atmos enabled shows and movies.
- Workaround: Disable Dolby Atmos in Settings while we fully diagnose and rectify the issue.
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Users may see the images for ads on the dashboard looking cropped or cutoff.
- Users are reporting being unable to send a voice messages while in Parties.
- Workaround: Send the message while not currently in party chat.
My Games & Apps
- Users’ tile size choices in collection will revert to large in some sections.
- Some users have reported focus being lost while navigating collection.
- Workaround: Navigate to Home, open the Guide, select the My Games & Apps tile, press the Menu button and select “Refresh.”
- Attempting to navigate to Manage Contents in My Games & Apps may redirect back to collection in error.
- Attempting to Hide/Unhide games/apps in collection via button combination not working.
- The “Skip to Letter” menu UI does not display correctly. We are aware and working on the issue.
- Some users have reported that 3D display mode is not working with supported content.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Are you not seeing your issue listed above? Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
Learn more about feedback and how each ring is differentiated in the following links:
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter and join the community subreddit for support and updates. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!
Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Ring (2002.200114-2000)
Next Week on Xbox: New Games for January 21 to 24
Discover the Dark Heart of Skyrim in The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor, Coming June 2 to Xbox