Hey Alpha ring users! Today’s Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2002 Xbox One system update (build: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_2002\18363.9108.200113-2000). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
- OS version released: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_2002\18363.9108.200113-2000
- Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – January 15, 2020
- Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – January 16, 2019
New Features for Alpha
With today’s update, we’re bringing you more ways to keep My Games & Apps organized! Users will now find:
- Content grouping for easier navigation and access to your games and apps
- Streamlined settings inside the app to simplify how you interact with your Collection
- Labels for trials and demos
Keep your eye out for a full survey about the changes coming later this month! In the meantime we can’t wait to hear what you think.
Fixes for Alpha
We’ve heard your feedback, and we’re happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this 2002 build:
- Users should no longer see their headphones change to Windows Sonic from Dolby Atmos when console is restarted.
- Users should no longer encounter an error when scrolling through posts in the Community tab.
- Fixed an issue where users could not take a picture of their Avatar for their profile.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
Known Issues for Alpha
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These issues aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!
- We’re aware of an issue where users who enable Dolby Atmos formats (Home theater or headphones) on their console may experience Netflix playback errors with Atmos enabled shows and movies.
- Workaround: Disable Dolby Atmos in Settings while we fully diagnose and rectify the issue.
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Users are unable to send a voice message while in Parties.
- Workaround: Send the message while not currently in party chat.
My Games & Apps
- Users’ tile size choices in collection will revert to large in some sections.
- Some users have reported focus being lost while navigating collection.
- Workaround: Navigate to Home, open the Guide, select the My Games & Apps tile, press the Menu button and select “Refresh
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Are you not seeing your issue listed above? Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
Learn more about feedback and how each ring is differentiated in the following links:
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter and join the community subreddit for support and updates. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!
Feeling in Lumini: How the Flow of a Swarm Creates Experiences
Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip Ahead Ring (2004.200114-0000)
Set Sail in Search of Legends with January’s Free Sea of Thieves Content Update