- Overwatch 2 launches October 4 as an always on, free-to-play experience
- New season will roll out every 9 weeks and feature either a new hero, mode, or map plus new themed cosmetics
- The Overwatch 2 Beta begins June 28 with sign-ups open now
- Purchase the Watchpoint Pack to get immediate access to the beta as well as other Overwatch 2 exclusive content
Attention Overwatch heroes! Overwatch 2 is coming free-to-play to Xbox on October 4. Gather your friends and team up in 5v5 gameplay. Overwatch 2 will be an ever-evolving experience filled with new content rolling out from season to season. Every day there will be something new to play with frequent updates and daily challenges.
Here is a taste of what we have in store starting in October:
- October 4 – Season 1: Season 1 starts off with three new heroes, Sojourn, Junker Queen, and a new Support Hero that has yet to be revealed! There will also be six new maps in some of the most iconic locations of the world: Toronto, New York, Rome, Monte Carlo, Portugal, and Rio. On top of that, players will be able to experience a new mode, ‘Push’, fight for control and push a map-centered robot all the way to enemy base. Players will also be able to enjoy 30+ skins for hero customization and a new Mythic skin as well!
- December 9 – Season 2: Season 2 continues to roll out an epic amount of content, including a new Tank Hero, a new map to brawl in, 30+ new skins, and more. The Season 2 Battle Pass will also have a plethora of items to earn and use in the battlefield.
From 2023 and on players can expect even more heroes, maps, modes, hundreds of new skins, and the long-awaited PVE begins!
Seasons Full of New Content
Overwatch 2 will be a live game that rolls out new maps, features, and modes in a seasonal cadence every 9 weeks. Then in 2023, we’ll expand on the world of Overwatch and our heroes via new narrative experiences and PvE gameplay.
The new Battle Pass model will provide access to themed cosmetic items and daily challenges that you can complete for in-game rewards. You’ll be able to choose which content you’d like to invest in and progress towards, instead of relying on Loot Box luck.
And with new cross-progression, you’ll be able to take what you earn with you to whatever device you’re actively gaming on.
Level Up with New Mythic Skins and Other Never-Before-Seen Cosmetics
Overwatch 2 will roll out a new tier of skins called Mythic. These skins will allow players to customize various elements of your hero’s look.
We’ll also be introducing a plethora of new cosmetics including souvenirs, banners, and weapons charms. And with new cross-progression, all of your earned cosmetics will travel with you wherever you play.
Overwatch 2 will provide players with a reimagined competitive experience.
The scoreboard system has been reworked to supply players with more detail throughout games as well as additional reports after a match concludes to recap your progress. And skills ratings will wait until 7 wins to update, utilizing ranked skill tiers rather than a numeric rating.
Onward and upward! Stay tuned for more details surrounding competitive play.
Overwatch 2 Beta
You don’t have to wait until October to experience Overwatch 2’s reimagined gameplay. Sign up now to participate in the beta beginning June 28.
Those participating in the beta will be among the first to bring new hero Junker Queen to the battlefield. You’ll also get to check out new hero Sojourn, try out Push mode, and take the fight worldwide with maps in New York, Rome, Monte Carlo, and Rio.
The Overwatch 2 Beta is available on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, allowing players to experience all the above plus the fully reimagined 5v5 gameplay. Head on over to playoverwatch.com/beta to opt-in!
Prep for Overwatch 2 with the Watchpoint Pack
The Watchpoint Pack has everything you need to get started on Overwatch 2 when it launches in October. Legendary Hero skins and an Overwatch 2 Player Icon are just a couple of exclusive pieces of content you’ll be granted with purchase. Those who get the pack will also receive immediate access to the Overwatch 2 Beta on June 28.
Take a look at what the Watchpoint Pack has to offer below and purchase today.
- Immediate Access to the Overwatch 2 Beta: Players who purchase the Watchpoint Pack will get immediate access to the Overwatch 2 Beta.
- Two (2) Overwatch 2 Legendary Hero Skins to Add to Your Collection: Get started on your Overwatch 2 skin collection with two (2) new Legendary Hero skins–Space Raider Soldier 76 and Space Raider Cassidy.
- Season 1 Premium Battle Pass: Overwatch 2 will be an always updating game that rolls out new content every 9 weeks in a seasonal format. With the Watchpoint Pack, receive a Premium Battle Pass for the first season which launches alongside Overwatch 2 Early Access on October 4.
- 2000 Overwatch 2 Virtual Currency: Overwatch 2’s in-game shop model will be centered around the choice of the player. Level up your Battle Pass or grab new cosmetics with 2000 Overwatch 2 Virtual Currency from the Watchpoint Pack.
- Pre-purchase Exclusive: Overwatch 2 Player Icon: Receive an exclusive Overwatch 2 Player Icon to use at launch if you purchase the Watchpoint Pack before October 4.
- Overwatch: Legendary Edition Included: Get started with Overwatch: Legendary Edition in style. Five (5) Epic and five (5) Legendary skins included in the Watchpoint Pack will allow you to customize the appearance of fan favorite heroes.
Now let’s get you back in the fight!
Overwatch Watchpoint Pack
Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
*Actual platform availability and launch date(s) of Overwatch 2 PvP Crossplay Beta subject to change. See playoverwatch.com/beta for more details. Minimum Beta duration is 18 days. Limited time only. Internet Connection and Xbox Live Gold subscription required. **Items will be awarded to players that have purchased Overwatch® 2 Watchpoint Pack when Overwatch® 2 launches, actual date subject to change. ***Season 1 Battle Pass applies to Season 1 only and will not award access to any future Battle Pass or seasonal/live content. Season 1 will launch alongside Overwatch® 2 in October 2022. For more information, please visit https://playoverwatch.com.
Welcoming the Incredible Teams and Legendary Franchises of Activision Blizzard to Microsoft Gaming
Overwatch Takes Advantage of the Added Power and Performance of Xbox Series X|S
Save Up to 80% During the Activision Blizzard Publisher Sale