Who’s ready for football?! The NFL and Rocket League are suiting up for Super Bowl kickoff next week with our latest in-game event: the NFL Super Bowl LV Celebration! The week-long event is coming out of the tunnel with the brand-new game mode, Gridiron, plus new Event Challenges and the return of the NFL Fan Pack. It all starts February 2 and will be live until February 8.
Gear Up for Gridiron
Welcome to the new LTM, Gridiron! Champions Field has been transformed, complete with hash marks and the NFL logo at the 50-yard line. But before you hoist the trophy in victory, you must learn the rules:
- The standard Rocket League ball has been replaced with an American football in this 4v4 mode.
- Touching the ball attaches it to the roof of your car.
- If any player touches the ball, that player becomes the ball carrier, setting up the opportunity for hand-offs to teammates or steals by the other team.
- The carrier can single jump, but double jumping drops the ball. You can also pass the ball by dodging.
- Each goal is 3 or 7 points: 7 points are awarded if the ball is attached to a player when entering the opponent’s goal, and 3 points are awarded if the ball is passed in or if the ball is loose. All own goals are worth 3 points whether the ball is attached or it’s loose.
- Demos require Supersonic speed just like in standard modes.
- Stay in bounds! You’ll fumble the ball if you cross the line marked on the Arena wall.
We’re adding three Event Challenges that can be completed to unlock the Gridiron Guru Player Title, NFL Wheels, and 20,000 XP! These Challenges and the Gridiron LTM are live from February 2 through February 8.
The NFL Fan Pack, that includes Octane Decals for all 32 NFL teams, will return to the Item Shop throughout the event and will be available for 800 Credits. Equip your favorite team’s Decal, hit the Gridiron, and be sure to share some of your wild highlights! Mention @RocketLeague on Twitter using the hashtag #RLGridiron. Hut… Hut… Hike!
A World of Wonder: Play the Balan Wonderworld Demo Today on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
Getting Resourceful with Prison Architect: Going Green
The Yakuza Remastered Collection Hits Xbox Today in Glorious HD