If you’re an Oculus Rift user discovering Viveport for the first time, welcome! It’s easy to set up Viveport and start playing titles on your Rift – but if you need a quick start guide, follow the steps below.
Without your Rift ready to go, we can’t start playing titles from Viveport, so make sure to:
You’ll need to download the Viveport desktop app to access your Viveport library, download titles and play them. You can download the Viveport desktop app at vive.com/setup. If you already have a Vive or Vive Pro, you may already have Viveport installed (in which case, skip on down to Step Three).
After downloading Viveport, locate the file and launch it. During installation, you will need to:
- Sign in with your HTC | VIVE Account (or create a new one).
- Install SteamVR. This will happen automatically, but you may be asked to sign in to Steam during the installation.
- After installation, you’ll be able to launch Viveport from the desktop shortcut.
You can browse Viveport either from within the desktop app or via Viveport.com. Here’s what to look out for:
- Titles that are Oculus Rift compatible will have the icon displayed throughout the site
- You can also filter for Oculus Rift compatible titles
- After purchasing a title, it will be added to your Viveport Library, accessible from your desktop app or from Viveport.com while logged in
- To play your purchased titles, download and install them via the Viveport desktop app
- Launch your Viveport titles from within the Viveport Library
As well as buying individual titles from Viveport, you can sign up for Viveport Subscription for FREE, letting you experience five titles per month for one low price. You can cancel any time, and to really save money, you’re able to pre-pay for your Viveport Subscription with our 3, 6 and 12 month plans.
Want a few suggestions for some fantastic Oculus Rift compatible titles available to you in Viveport Subscription? Check out our blog on just that.