Grand Theft Auto Online has finally received a new title update on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, that aims to address the login and gameplay issues that have been plaguing the title since it launched earlier this week.
Here’s the changelog:
- Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
- Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
- Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
- Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
- Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
- Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
- Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
- Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
- Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
- Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.
Rockstar also said that they are still investigating reports about loss of characters, rank, items, apartments and in-game money…
Question: My online character, rank, items, apartments, and/or cash are suddenly missing. How can I get them back?
Answer: We have received reports from some players who experienced losing characters, progress, items, and/or in-game cash during the first few days after release. We understand how frustrating it is to lose gameplay progress and are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information about this, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. You do not need to do anything else, and you can continue playing in the meantime.
Other issues being addressed and workarounds for issues not fixed as of yet can be found through the Rockstar Support site.