Fellow fighters – now that Mortal Kombat 11 is available on Xbox One, we wanted to pass along a few strategies to keep in mind as you dive into the game. To help you get started, here are five basic tips for success!
1) Check out the tutorials. Whether you are a seasoned pro or new player, Mortal Kombat 11 has an extensive series of tutorials to learn about everything from basic move applications, to combo timing, to advanced defensive maneuvers. The character tutorials specifically are great to get you up to speed on moves for different fighters, and you can unlock character skins. Make sure to check out Fatality training as well.
2) Learn your character’s Krushing Blow requirements in the move list. Krushing Blows are powerful modifications to some normal attacks, combos or special moves that display devastatingly brutal cinematic visuals when performed. Krushing Blows will also maximize your damage output so definitely spend some time learning to land these attacks.
3) Every character has two different “get up attacks” that can be done by pressing Up + Y or Up + A when you’re knocked down. Use these moves to slow down your opponent’s pressure and make some ground when you’re on the ropes.
4) In most stages, there are dangerous stage hazards that you can use to your advantage. For example, in the Black Dragon Fight Club stage, you can pick up a chainsaw that one of Kano’s flunkies accidently left for you to use. Press the Right Bumper on top of these items and it will give you an opportunity to even the score.
5) Use the new hop mechanic to avoid low attacks and throws! You can do this by tapping the jump button for a quicker short hop. You can also attack out of the hop to catch opponents off guard.
We hope you found these tips helpful as you enter the ring in Mortal Kombat 11 on Xbox One.
Gears of War: Hivebusters First Issue Available Now
Tips and Tactics for a Battle of the Butts in Brief Battles, Available Now on Xbox One
6 Things You Need to Know Before You Start Playing For The King, Available Now with Xbox Game Pass