Whether you’re trying to lose weight, build muscle, or just plain feel better, experts agree that exercise should be part of your plan. But working out can be hard. Not only do you have to know what to do, you have to do it. And consistently, too.
That’s where the Fitbit Coach app on Xbox comes in. This personalized training app delivers expert-designed dynamic bodyweight, run, and walk workouts that are tailored to your specific goals, making it easy to squeeze in a sweat session between rounds of NBA 2K17, just like Harrison Barnes.
Here are some of the ways the Fitbit Coach app on Xbox will help get (and keep) you moving.
- Fitbit Coach meets you where you are. Upon joining Fitbit Coach, one of the first things you’ll be asked to do is take a 10-minute Fit Test. After each move, you’re asked to rate its difficulty and how well you kept up. Fitbit Coach uses your feedback from this physical assessment to tailor future workouts to your current fitness level. The result? Less frustration and a better workout.
- Programs tell you exactly what to do. Not sure where to start? Pick a program like Get Moving, Get Lean, Get Strong, and Daily Dose. These themed groups of workouts are tailored to your fitness level and ability. Your progress within the program is also saved, so you can pick up where you left off. And you can change your program at any time.
- A customizable visual makes following along easy. Within the settings, you can opt into using subtitles and a visual repetition count.
- Live heart rate tracking helps you maximize every session. Available only on Xbox, Fitbit Coach users can see their real-time heart rate on-screen when they work out while wearing a Fitbit device with PurePulse continuous heart rate technology. This helps to optimize your intensity and better measure calorie burn so you can make the most of your workout.
- Music keeps you motivated. Fitbit Radio powered by Feed.fm lets you choose from seven music playlists with tracks by popular artists. Choose from Pop, Rock, Hip Hop, Electronic/Dance, Throwback (80’s, 90’s, 2000’s), Power Mix, and Cardio Mix. You can change your music during a workout at any time.
- Personal trainers instruct and educate you. Not only will you be able to see someone perform all the exercises you’re doing, but a personal trainer will also guide you through each workout, sharing valuable tips along the way. There are two to choose from: Lea Rouse and Adrian Richardson. As certified fitness coaches and seasoned wellness experts, they each draw from a deep a well of knowledge.
- Fitbit Coach gets results fast. Fitbit research shows 85 percent of people who use Fitbit Coach’s dynamic video workouts for at least five sessions see an increase in strength.
- The app is totally mobile. Whether you’re traveling or just want to escape your living room, you can take Fitbit Coach with you. Download the app to your Android, iOS, or Windows smartphone and, in addition to bodyweight workout videos, you’ll also have access to more than 50 expert-designed running and walking audio workouts designed to help you safely improve your endurance, speed, and form. Choose from outdoor or treadmill sessions and select the difficulty, duration, trainer, and music.
Ready to get moving? The Fitbit Coach app for Xbox and Windows 10 is available today in Microsoft Store. Basic (free) members receive access to one personalized program and a selection of additional audio and video workouts. You must have a Fitbit Coach Premium subscription ($39.99 per year) to unlock more programs, unlimited workouts, and additional features, like those mentioned above. Happy sweating!
Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered Coming to Xbox One March 20 and Enhanced for Xbox One X
Inside Xbox One X Enhanced: Project CARS 2
Console Launch Exclusive Full Metal Furies Available Now as Xbox Play Anywhere Title