Following up on the critically acclaimed action platformer Ori and the Blind Forest, Xbox Game Studios and Moon Studios are excited to announce that Ori and the Will of the Wisps will be released on February 11, 2020 and will be available to buy on Xbox One, Windows 10 PC and Steam as well as included the same day it launches globally with Xbox Game Pass for PC and Console.
What can players look forward to as they embark on a quest to learn Ori’s true destiny?
- Intense, All-New Combat: The game features an improved combat system with new spirit weapons, spells and skills, and a new shard system that allows players to customize Ori’s powers in a unique way, making each playthrough unique. At E3, fans from around the world saw new, never-before-seen gameplay that provided a deeper look at the game’s intense all-new combat system.
- Larger-Than-Life Enemies: Players will face off against new larger-than-life enemies which will deliver an exciting experience to players, providing an all new set of intense battles to look forward to.
- New Game Mode: Spirit Trials introduces a brand-new game mode in which players will be able to asynchronously compete in speed run challenges, providing endless hours of competitive gameplay.
- Breathtaking Visuals and Music: Players will become immersed in the beautiful visuals that the Ori series is known for, all with musical scoring composed by award-winning composer Gareth Coker.
- Immerse Yourself in the New Narrative Experience: Ori and the Will of the Wisps is the hand-crafted and story-driven action platformer sequel that will delight both players of Ori and the Blind Forest and new players who are jumping into Ori’s world for the first time.
- Optimal Gameplay on Xbox One X: Ori and the Will of the Wisps will also take advantage of the Xbox One X console’s higher graphical and processing ability.
We’ll share more details soon and you can stay tuned to Xbox Wire for the latest updates.