- Closed beta available today for Xbox Insiders with Xbox Live Gold
- Open beta available on Thursday, June 25
- Drop in during the open beta to earn the beta-exclusive “X-B.C. Axe” weapon skin when the game launches later this year
Back at X019, we showed off the first gameplay for CrossfireX, coming exclusively to Xbox this year, and we’re excited to share the first details on how you and your friends can jump into the fight early with our closed beta, available for Xbox Insiders with Xbox Live Gold starting today through June 23!
Please note that a limited number of participants will be granted access to the closed beta at the start and numbers will increase as the beta continues.
To join the CrossfireX Closed Beta follow these steps:
- The Closed Beta is available to download now through the Xbox Insider Hub.
- On Xbox One, sign-in and launch the Xbox Insider Hub app (or install the Xbox Insider Hub from the Store first if needed).
- Navigate to Insider content, select Games, then search for/select the CrossfireX BETA.
- Select Join.
- Wait for the registration to complete to be directed to the Store and install the CrossfireX Beta.
Beginning 12:00am PST Thursday, June 25 and running through 9:00pm PST June 28, even more players can get their first taste of CrossfireX with the start of the CrossfireX Open Beta. As a bonus, all players who play a match during the CrossfireX Open Beta will be rewarded with the beta-exclusive “X-B.C. Axe” weapon skin when the game launches later this year.
Across both the closed and open beta, players will join the ranks of Global Risk or Black List mercenaries across a sample of exhilarating maps and modes, with many more to come at launch later this year.
- Spectre Mode: In the Laboratory, Black List players will use stealth suits and melee weapons to silently take down their foes and plant the C4 to destroy their target. As Global Risk, players are tasked with defending high-value objectives with a standard loadout, using audio cues to eliminate their invisible enemies. This high-tension stealth gameplay mode will reward players who exercise caution and strategy.
- Team Match: As one of the most popular modes in the original Crossfire, Team Match is a variant of the popular Search and Destroy mode where two teams of 8 players will race to eliminate all of their enemies or plant the C4 explosive to achieve victory. Players will find themselves on the Black Widow map, where teamwork and map knowledge will be vital to their success.
- Point Capture: Point Capture is a spin on the classic Team Deathmatch mode from the original Crossfire. In GR Tower, teams of 8 will race to achieve the requirement amount of eliminations. Point Capture is a great place for beginners to learn and test their might on the battlefield, try out new weapons and learn the map and strategic layouts.
This is just a taste of what will be available at launch later this year where we’ll have an experience for every type of FPS player to enjoy. On behalf of the team at Smilegate Entertainment, we thank you for your support, and we look forward to seeing you online. For the latest on CrossfireX, stay tuned to Xbox Wire.
It Takes Two is the Next Groundbreaking Co-Op Adventure From Hazelight, Coming 2021
Play the Odds in Lost in Random, an Upcoming EA Originals Title from Zoink
Seven Awesome Facts About Star Wars: Squadrons, Coming October 2 to Xbox One