Kappa, meet Alexa.
Alexa, meet Kappa.
We’re super excited to announce the launch of our Twitch Skill on all Alexa-enabled devices in the U.S. Now your dream of controlling Twitch with your voice (you’ve had that dream, right?) can become reality. The Twitch Skill lets you play your favorite channels, discover new streamers, get notified when your favorite channels start streaming, and get a reminder when your Twitch Prime subscription is available to use.
So, how do you make this magic happen? Simply enable the notifications permission for the Twitch skill in your Alexa app to start receiving them. Alexa will let you know anytime a followed channel you have notifications enabled for starts broadcasting. To manage notifications on channels you follow, just go to https://www.twitch.tv/settings/notifications.
Other features supported in this version of the Skill include:
- If you’ve linked your Twitch account, say “Alexa, ask Twitch for followed channels” or “Alexa, tell Twitch to show me channels I follow.”
- Discover a new channel for your favorite game or Twitch category by requesting, “Alexa, ask Twitch who’s playing World of Warcraft” or “Alexa, ask Twitch to suggest an IRL channel”.
- Get some of the most popular live channels by saying, “Alexa, ask Twitch for popular channels” or “Alexa, ask Twitch which streams are popular.”
- Find out the most popular games and categories currently streaming by asking, “Alexa, ask Twitch for popular games” or “Alexa, tell Twitch to suggest a game for me.” You’ll hear a list of popular games/categories and you can select one to hear the most popular channels for it.
- Play a channel directly by name with “Alexa, ask Twitch to play [Channel Name]” or “Alexa, ask Twitch to start [Channel Name]”. If Alexa isn’t understanding the channel name correctly, try following the channel and then asking “for followed channels” instead.
Have an idea for a feature? Having a problem with the skill? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.